Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Housework be damned


I've always convinced myself that the reason my house is such a pig's sty is because hubby and I both have demanding careers and 2 young kids. I mean, between commutting, whiney bosses, impossible clients and 2 kids under school age, who can keep up right? Housework tends to be the least important thing on my "to do list". I figure that clothing, feeding and sheltering your kids while resisting the urge to drop them off at the nearest orphanage is a great accomplishment.

During the first week off, I cleaned the house. Everything was Pledged, Swifted and Febreezed. I vowed to myself that I will never let this house succumb to dirt ever again. Then.....came the 2nd and 3rd week........ I sat on my ass and knit all day. My once clean and polished house reverted back to it's own state faster than you can say Mr. Clean. As it turns out, my kids and job was not the cause of my untidiness. It's me and my knitting. Well, to be completely honest, probably just me.

Next Monday I start my new job. Turns out that I am sadistic enough to go back to my same position but just in another different hotels. All I ever want is to own a cute little yarn shop with a kick-ass coffee bar in the middle of it. I guess I would have to put that dream on hold since that doesn't pay the bills. Yet.

In the last 2 days I was able to finish my hubby's bulky sweater. It is knitted from Rowan Big Wool in Aster and the pattern is from Lionbrand.

This was suppose to be a Christmas Sweater for him but I gave it to him now because

A) I want to see him try it on

B) I can't block it without him stumbling onto it eventually

and C) for the last weeks, he heard be bitched every time I lost my cable needle knitting this thing.

I also finished Arison's socks. It's knitted from Paton Kroy:


I think it's time to knit myself a little something.

2 comments on "Housework be damned"

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! You always get me giggling when I read your posts. Too funny. Cute socks and that sweater is GORGEOUS!! Nice work!
Good luck in the new job, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, too true! Housework is so over-rated! Good luck in your new job, although Im in complete agreement with ya on your dream job. ;)

Gorgeous sweater too! Your cables rock, LOL.
Your secret pal

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez