Sunday, December 14, 2008

too much x-mas cheers?


All weekend long, my family and I participated in X-mas activities. Starting with making ginger bread house at 10 am on Saturday morningI did most of the decorating and Aliana mostly sat there and snuck candies into her mouth. Our family is living proof that a cranky 4 years old and artificial-flavoured candies does not mix well first thing in the morning. What was I smoking when I signed us up for that so early in the morning?

Later on that day, we celebrated Christmas at my Mother in-law's house. She will be "missing" Christmas this year because she will soon be leaving to an all-inclusive resort in Dominican Republic for two weeks during the Holidays. Yeah, we all feel really bad for her. The kids went frenzy with opening presents and I ate myself into a comatose state. Who knew that 10 lbs would come early this year?

On Sunday, we attended hubby's X-mas party for the kids and both kids met Santa



After the kids were pumped full of cotton candies, candy cane and assorted junked food. It was time to go home.

Meanwhile, I am complete smitten with this pattern and yarn. I am knitting Nutkin with Malabrigo Socks in Velvet Grapes. I can't seem to put it down. The yarn is super soft and the pattern is easy to memorize. This will be my first socks using the Short Row Heel. Hopefully, it'll fit a human foot!

1 comments on "too much x-mas cheers?"

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun! Is Aliana wearing a handknit in her Santa photo?

Gorgeous sock. Seriously. I'm drooling over here!!

Your secret pal!

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez