Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Knittings at the Bookstore


I have a fondness for books and I have a fondness for knitting. When I am able to combine two of my passions together, I get a bit giddy. While browsing along my local Indigo Book Store, I came across these two things:

traveling organiser for toiletries. The pouches detached. How perfect is it for a knitting tool organizer? I mean, even the tassel resembled a ball of yarn.









At 30% off, I scored it for $16 CAD. Another little gadget is this book light

I can clip this to my shirt and knit during a movie. We have a projector and my hubby insist that everything be completely dark when a movie is playing. Now I can continue to knit this sweater for him. It's my first Fair Isle and it's knitted from the top down. I must confess, for one to really enjoy the Fair Isle process, one must enjoy a few glasses of wine before starting. It really helps mellow you out. Especially when you get an urge to throw this thing across the room because you're off by one stinking stitch and you've already frogged 5 times.














While I was cursing through out last night, it started to snow. It snowed the whole night and I woke up to find this:.......so I decided to bake these:


Now please excuse me but a cup of coffee and buttery croissants are calling me.

0 comments on "Knittings at the Bookstore"

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez