Friday, November 21, 2008

An Outlet For My Restlessness


It's been a whole week since my employer served me my termination papers and told be that they need to "restructure". I knew that this would eventually come since I have a sales position within the hotel industry and we are very disposable, especially when there is a recession emerging. For the last week while hubby and the kids are at school/daycare and work, I have turned this house upside down and cleaned every nooks and crannies. I've done about 13 loads of laundry and disinfect every thing that even Martha Stewart would be proud. Funny how one episode of "How clean is your house" can totally motivate someone. With two kids under 4 years old, both parent holding down a full and demanding careers, my cleanliness standards had slipped a few notches. Oh what the hell.... who am I kidding? For the last 3 years, we have been living on the brink of a health hazard.

Towards the end of the week, I was starting to get restless with just cleaning and knitting all day. Then I got an email from Coats & Clarks outlet letting me know that they would be celebrating their 2nd anniversary at the warehouse. Well, I grabbed my key and dashed out the door. Mere moments later and I present to you:

I love this place! It has it's shares of acrylics but every now and then, I will stumple upon some great deals. I've bought many Rowans from there when they had bought Westminster Fibre liquidations. Today I bought Colour 4 Me. It's a DK weight Austrianlian Wool for $7 a bag! That's .70 a ball! You can't even buy dish cottons for that price. Plus it's superwashed and soft. I have this in mind for two of the colours:

I even bought a bag of Nashua Handknit Painted Forest for $15. I think I will make a nice bulky sweater for Aliana. On the way back, I had made a little stop at IKEA and look what I picked up. It is perfect for socks:For $1.99 - you cannot go wrong.

Currently I should soon be finishing off on hubby's bulky sweater. I am knitting this out of Rowan Big Wool and the pattern is free from LionBrand website called Family of Cabled Sweaters. One thing about big needles and yarns is that you really get instant gratification, even though you might suffer from acute Carpol Tunnel from the bulk of knitting it.


Now...... what to do next week?

1 comments on "An Outlet For My Restlessness"

Anonymous said...

Great finds! I'll have to check out Ikea for those bags, they ARE totally perfect for socks :-D

Your secret pal

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez