Monday, September 3, 2007

Labour Day Weekend


This labour weekend has been a whirlwind of apple picking, ribfest, birthday party and home improvement. Can one fit anymore activities into a 3 day weekend?


My hubby has been busy all weekend re-doing our front stair stoops (demolishing it, and repaving it) Also, we went apple picking at Chudleighs. It's a yearly thing that hopefully will turn into a family fall tradition. This is our 3rd year doing it and Aliana looks forward to it every year. This time, Arison spent the day in the backpack.



I also got some knitting done. I started the Monkey Socks. Actually it was started last week on Cherry Tree hill Socks yarn but I messed it up so badly that the whole thing had to be frogged. So, for a fresh start, I switched yarns and now using Fleece Artist Merino Socks. I found that the color is a bit too busy for this pattern but I'm happily knitting along.

Also, I'm making some good headway with Arison's sweater. I only pick it up when I'm watching TV since I consider this pattern to be pretty much idiot proof. Of course, I also suffer from severe Knitting ADD and started the Saartje's Booties on a cotton yarn. Can't say I like it very much though. I think I would have to try it with Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino.

0 comments on "Labour Day Weekend"

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez