Saturday, September 8, 2007

Tulips in September


Today was the Knitter's fair in Waterloo/Kitchener, ON. I got up at the crack of dawn to meet my friend there and do a little shopping. I didn't even bother combing my hair, put on makeup or even wear anything matching. Basically, I had to get out of the house before any of my 2 munchkins wake up, otherwise I could never leave.
The fair was jam packed with over 50 vendors. Basically, it was like having 50 yarn shops crammed into one roof (a knitter's dream come true). Over the last year, I was a bit of a yarn hoard and had collected a huge stash of some really quality yarns already. So coming to a fair like this, I can afford to be a bit more discriminating. My friend, on the other hand, was very overwhelmed.


Believe it or not, I almost walked out of there empty-handed since the stuff there wasn't anything different then the everyday things that LYS carries. Then........ just when I was about to walk out..... I saw this from the corner of my eyes:
The Dreams in Color Tulip kit from Unwinded Yarn Shop! Ever since the Harlot blogged about this, I have been on the hunt for it. However, there's always about 2 month waiting list for it. Then, here it was... just sitting there, over 20 kits made up. Oh happy, happy, joy, joy!!!! Of course, now I also have to buy some nice stitch markers to go along with it
Over all, it was an awesome buy! I now have to pack since I will be heading over to the west coast for my business trip tomorrow morning. I haven't even started to organize myself yet. Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary all in one week! It's going to be a doozy!

Now, which project to take?

4 comments on "Tulips in September"

theresa on September 8, 2007 at 9:40 PM said...

You resisted buying yarn - wow! I love that tulip sweater, great non-trad. pastelly colours!!
Have a great trip. I hope you get some time to be a tourist and relax.

Erin on September 11, 2007 at 9:43 AM said...

Wow, I may have been slightly overwhelmed myself!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Joy!
Just wanted to check in with you and also to let you know that I only need to pick up one more thing (an edible treat) and then your first package will be winging it's way to you. If all goes well, then it will be Monday or Tuesday when I get to the post office. I'll post a comment when I have the estimated arrival time.
I've had a lot of fun putting this one together and already have some of the second package prepped :)
SS

Anonymous said...

You were in Kitchener??? Damn, I wish I had known. I live in Waterloo! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go this year cause I had some other things going on that weekend. Next year, let me know if you are going and we can meet up and go together!! *cries* I am so sad I couldn't go this year... :(

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez