Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The finished product


When I had purchased the Dream in Color Tulip kit last Saturday, I was so excited that I casted on the very next day on the trip to Vancouver. I had used the knit pick needles to knit it and of course, I took the whole stinking binder with me through security. Needless to say, it took more than 2 security guards to approve of me taking several impaling objects on the plane.

I knitted the first half on the way there and knitted the rest of it on the way back. Here it is:

For the sleeves, it had called for US 7 DPN which I didn't have on me so I bought some at Urban Yarns in Vancouver. They are Crystal Palace Daisey needles which is made out of Resin. It feels like plastic to me but it a really great needles. I couldn't believe it but it was so flexible and so smooth that my stitches just glide along beautifully. I also love the whymsically colors that it comes in and I think I would need to get a few more sets in different sizes. Of course, after I put an order for the new Knit Pick Harmany needles. Is that a dream set or what?

3 comments on "The finished product"

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sweet!
I had to laugh at the vision of security guards trying to make sense of a interchangeable needle set, lol!
Swap Sender

theresa on September 18, 2007 at 11:02 PM said...

ADORABLE! love the comb. of colours

deirdre on September 20, 2007 at 6:46 AM said...

Hi, Joy! The baby sweater is just gorgeous - wish I had a baby to make one for...

and I can't believe you actually got all your needles through customs! I always take wooden ones now, because I had some metal tips confiscated a couple of years ago - you must have excellent powers of persuasion!

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez