Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My awesome Secret Pal


Here's what my wonderful secret pal sent me:

She sent me the most softest yarn that I have ever petted. Blue Sky Alpacas Alpacas & Silk in the most exquisite shade. It's a very pale pink which goes very nicely with the yarn texture. Along with this skein is also a 10 1/2 needle and a pattern to make my very own lace scarf. I had never knitted lace before because I have always been intimidated by the small needles, so my pal got me to started off on a pattern that can be knitted on a larger needle. I have to admit, it doesn't seem that scary anymore *smile*. I can't wait to cast on! I think I would have to forsaken all other projects so I can play with this yarn. It's like she read my mind! I have been drooling over this yarn for a VERY long time and now I finally get to play with it! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

This yarn also comes in it's very own project bag. A satin, peach pouch that's perfect for me to tote it to work.
She also got my 2 munchkins a gift too. Aliana already begged me to read her the new book for bedtime tonight.

Last but not least - the coolest gadget every made!!! What a genius my pal is to come up with this:

a crochet hook key chain! How clever is that? I am forever dropping stitches when I knit that it's a wonder I ever finished anything, but with this handy, dandy key chain, I will always have a crochet hook. What a great idea! She should totally patent this idea!
My pal had put so much thought into this and I totally appreciate it! I was already tearing into the chocolate while I was reading her letter until I realize that it was suppose to be a reward for each repeats of the pattern. Oh well......*laugh* now I have more excuse to buy more chocolate!



5 comments on "My awesome Secret Pal"

Em on September 26, 2007 at 9:43 AM said...

That keychain is awesome! What a great idea -- I'm going to have to see if I can cobble something like that together for myself!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could take credit for the crochet hook keychain, I found a link for the tutorial on Lime&Violet (I think, I'll check and get back to you).
Glad you liked everything, I'll be checking back for lace progress :)
SS

Anonymous said...

http://www.girlontherocks.com/knit/blog/2007/02/11/keychain-crochet-hook-a-tutorial/
That's the tutorial, and I cannot for the life of me remember how I found it the first time.
It was really odd though, because I saw the tutorial and thought "Oh, what a cool idea" and then like 10 minutes later read your answer to the question of "What knitting accessory can you not live without?"
It was meant to be!
Package #2 is already mapped out in my head:)

R a i n on September 27, 2007 at 4:52 AM said...

Your pal is super duper cool =)

Jackie on October 22, 2007 at 9:58 PM said...

Wow, u lucky girl to have such a cool keychain.

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez