Sunday, September 16, 2007

Back home again....


What a week! I don't think I want to see another airport for a very long time! I started my business trip in Vancouver. What a gorgeous city. Here's the view from my seat:
Since this was the first leg of the 3 city tour, my energy and enthusiasm was high. Of course, instead of buying another city "shot glass" as a souvenir, I decided that I would need souvenir yarns. So, first stop is Urban Yarn in Vancouver:

I had dragged my colleague with me and she ended up buying a mitten kit. Yeh! Another converter! I also walked out with this:
Then it was off to Edmonton. What a great little city. I didn't know that they have the largest shopping mall in North America. They have several hundreds of store, but sadly, no yarn shop. Go figure! My secret pal recommended the River City Yarn shop in downtown. Of course, I can't pass that up. I went there with 3 other "non-knitting" colleague and decided to wait in the car. It must have been in a record since I was in and out of there in 7 minutes flat. I got this:











and this:














Not bad, for under 10 min, huh?

Then in Calgary, I hit 2 stores, Make 1 Yarn Studio. This little shop as a bit of warehouse feel.

While I was there, they had just received a bunch of Lorna's Lace shipment. There was a few die-hard knitter rummaging through them. I was quite good and only bought this:
Last but not least, I ended up at Pudding Yarns not too far from downtown Calgary. It was a cute little shop that carries a lot of the British names, even Roosters.

Since this was my last stop, I was dead tired but I still made out with a small purchase of this:
Now I'm home and finally sleeping in my own bed. My next business trip isn't until the end of October and I will be in Chicago for a whole week. Better start saving up!


1 comments on "Back home again...."

Erin on September 18, 2007 at 10:44 AM said...

There's nothing like turning a business trip into a yarn crawl!

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez