Wednesday, May 9, 2007

You have got to be kidding!




Well, the grace sweater is now sewn up but it's still on the needle. I've ran out of yarn AGAIN! The pattern calls for 17 balls and now I just went through the 18th one. It's so frustrating! I'm contemplating turning this so-called turtle neck into a crew neck since I can't be bother to buy another freakin' ball. However, knowing me, I would totally pissed myself off every time I'll wear it.




In the meantime, I cast on the Fleece Artist sweater. It's a fairly easy knit which is done in the round with only 4 x 4 ribbing.

Last weekend was the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Wouldn't you know it, my mother lives in Maryland. I asked her to go so I can live vicarious through her. Now, please understand, my mom is not a knitter. She's a crocheter (primarily afghan, one design and with acrylic only). I called her on her cell while she was there. I think she was totally overwhelm by the 10,000 of people attending the show. I was channeling, yelling, spelling K.O.I.G.U. and Socks That Rocks. I don't think she has any clue what I want though.

She ended up at this one booth, called me and balked to me at price of yarns. "$26 for a hank of yarn? Are they mad???" she yelled. Well, when I asked her what it was made of, she said "100% cashmere"

She's definitely not a knitter.

0 comments on "You have got to be kidding!"

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez