Friday, May 11, 2007

The Clapotis is done!



I'm finally done with the Clapotis. I actually modify the pattern a bit so I would have enough yarns but wouldn't you know it... I still had to run back the Yarnopolis twice to buy it. I totally suck at guesstimating yarns. You think that referring to the pattern might help... but no, it never seems to work for me.


I knitted this in Manos del Uruagay (5 skeins at $16.95 per skeins) Stupid me, I didn't realize that the yardage was so short in each hanks. At that price, I could have used Malabrigo or even the orginal yarn that they called for (Lorna's Lace Lion & Lamb). Anyway, this was for my mom and she loves neutral colors. The Manos was the only one at the time with soft neutral brown hanging at LYS. It actually blocked really nicely and became a lot softer. I think my mom would love it.

1 comments on "The Clapotis is done!"

theresa on May 12, 2007 at 4:33 PM said...

I love it! I love the colour too.

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez