Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A long post......


It's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted but I have good reason.....pure laziness. First and fore most, look what came in the mail last night from my awesome secret pal - I love to knit baby items so the pattern book was a great idea. So many cute patterns in there. Also a blue/green malabrigo. Now, I don't know how she know this but Malabrigo is one of my favorite yarns of all time. It knits up beautifully and so butter soft. On her note to me, she told me that she bought it at 100purewool.com.

I have never heard of this website and didn't realized that they are the original Malabrigo. What an enabler! After reading this, I dropped everything and logged on. $100 later...... well, I digress.

Along with the wool, she also included a felted pattern purse. Of course, due to the softness of Malabrigo, I had never had the heart to felt it but I think I will give it a try. Along with these wonderful gifts, she also included 2 pumpkin sippy cups for my two munchkins. The picture only showed one because my oldest had already taken off with one of them. Of course, it wouldn't really be Halloween without candies and that's just what she included. Some Halloween chocolate. Thanks Pal! You're the best!


In other news, I was in Chicago all week last week for a conference. Well, not really Chicago, but the suburbs of it called Oak Brook Hills. Since I was going to be there the whole week, I was able to buy some really nice yarns from one of the Swaps site. I had it shipped directly to myself at the hotel to avoid heavy shipping fees and duties to Canada. Here's the haul:

A bunch of Debbie Bliss, Gedifra and Skacels. At checked in, the front desk agent handed me the box. I love getting yarns at a hotel!!!

Of course, since I wasn't in Downtown and did not rented a car, a Chicago yarn crawl was out of the question. My scheduled was packed full the whole week but I managed to slipped out to Knitche, a cute little store in Downers Grove, IL. I got my souvenir -


In other news, when I came home, I decided to finish this sweater by sewing on the zipper.




















I couldn't get Aliana to stop making silly faces at me so this was the best picture I can take. After taking this picture, I find myself sounding just like my mother, " Young lady, if you keep crossing your eyes, it's going to stay that way!"

I also started this sweater a few weeks ago and haven't touched it since.
Ahhh - Knitting ADD strikes again!





4 comments on "A long post......"

Anonymous said...

I was reading your post to my husband and he told me that I owe your pocketbook an apology.

But I say "NAY! NAY!"

Instead...go check out the 100purewool ebay store...oh the savings!! I got almost 3000 yards of laceweight Malabrigo for $26!

And try the felting, it makes a really lovely bag, I have two! Just keep in mind it felts very easily, so watch it close!

SS

Mary Mary on November 1, 2007 at 8:48 AM said...

The 100purewool site is gorgeous. I love the colors. i see a yarn pruchase in my future....

Erin on November 1, 2007 at 8:49 AM said...

Wow, you certainly haven't been lazy with your yarn purchases! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

where can i buy phentermine buy phentermine online mastercard - phentermine zyrtec

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez