Monday, October 15, 2007

The Rock - the golf course, not the actor


On Saturday, I was invited to join a team outing with my colleagues, which turns out to be an opportunity of a lifetime. We played a private 18 holes game of golf at The Rock in Muskoka, Ontario.

The Rock was designed by the legendary Nick Faldo and has became a destination place for many golf fanatics. After a 3 hour shuttle drive to Muskoka, we were greeted by the sales team. We went on a hard-hat tour of the soon-to-open JW Marriott Resort (make sense since we’re the off-site sales team)

Afterward, I was equipped with my own golf cart and rental clubs that would make most golf-pros beamed with pride. Apparently, they were Taylor-Made brand and I was told was one of the best. Of course, the last time yours truly was on a golf course was when I was 8 and I was playing putt-putt with mommy and daddy. It was the equivalent to handing over 50g of pure cashmere to a non-knitter. Absolutely no appreciation for it!

I took several pictures of me with the cart, the ball, and the club. Mind you, on several hole, I just literally threw the ball across the course since after 6 tries, all I have managed to do was tore up the turf without any contacts with the damn ball.

By the 8th hole and 30 golf balls later, I was getting the hang of it. I actually like it quite a lot and thinking about taking proper lessons come spring. I mean, for crying out loud, I am a hotel sales manager who doesn’t know how to play golf! What an embarrassment to the industry!

In knitting news, all I’ve manage was to knit was a combination of stocking-stitch and garter stitch sweater for Aliana. (I'll post pics soon) It’s been a bit hectic here in the household so I can’t follow any patterns lately. Also, I will be getting ready to fly out to Chicago for a 1 week sales training this weekend. Hopefully, I can do a Chicago yarn crawl.

By the way, today is the start of my diet (Ha – I let that one slipped in, didn’t I?)

0 comments on "The Rock - the golf course, not the actor"

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez