Sunday, October 7, 2007

Weekend full of celebrations!


It's been a fun filled weekend thus far. October 5th was my birthday and I had seen 32 seasons come and gone. October tends to be a cold month which calls for a hot stew on a crisp, chilly fall day.

Not this year! It was 27 degrees on my birthday! I was out walking in shorts and T-shirt! I guess global warming is good for something. Just in time for my birthday, my Knit Pick Options Harmony arrived. I bought the whole set since I'm obsessively like that. I have the whole set in Addis and Options, since they came out with another materials, what the hell! Another set won't hurt! Of course, I had my birthday to justified it. I have so many straights bamboo that I would soon need to swap it since I don't use it anymore.

The harmonies are gorgeous. As much as I love wood, I still prefer my hold Options more since I knit a bit faster with metals. However, these needles would be great with really slick yarns like silk and bamboo. Speaking of bamboo, I started these in Sirdar Baby Bamboo for Arison -
Also, since it was my birthday, I dragged hubby to Spun Art (my LYS) and made him buy me this

I already casted on in a size 3 for Aliana. Yes, I know, I am suffering from sever knitting ADD. I have too many WIP to count.

Tomorrow's is Canadian Thanksgiving but our family decided to celebrate today. We all did a pot luck and I was in charge of one appetizer. I'd made Asparagus Puff Pastries which seems to be a hit. Here's the Recipe:


Coat asparagus in Olive oil, salt, pepper and some Parmesan cheese. Cut thawed frozen butter pastries (President's Choice is awesome!), wrap spiraled style on the asparagus, baked on parchment paper at 375 F until golden brown. Super easy and surely a crowd pleaser!






Voila! Bon Appetit! So easy and leaves more time for knitting! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comments on "Weekend full of celebrations!"

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, those asparagus things look fantastic!!!!

I'm adding that to my grocery list!

SS

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez