Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ravelry and RAKs


I keep checking my inbox everyday, patiently waiting for my Ravelry invite. My camera is poised, ready to start snapping away at my stash so I can finally start organizing. As of today:

Found you!
You signed up on June 12, 2007
You are #8554 on the list.
1702 people are ahead of you in line.
12016 people are behind you in line.
33% of the list has been invited so far


This is where I am. I guess I should be thankful that I'm not part of the people behind myself. 1700 isn't so bad when you look at the 12016!

While I was surfing around Knitty Coffee Shop, I came across RAK (random acts of kindness) topic. I finally figured out what it is! It's quite brilliant and cute, really. There various knitter posting a bunch of stuff that they would love to have and you can send that to them. In return, you post what you wish for and hopefully someone would send something back to you. I love giving things so this would just be up my valley. So far, I'd picked 3 people and I want to send some stuff out this weekend.

In the meantime, I set aside the Lady E because I'm not sure what I want to do yet, so I'd started on a sweater for Arison. The pattern is out of Debbie Bliss Cotton Knits for All Seasons which I'm knitting out of cabled wool. I should be able to post a pic real soon.

1 comments on "Ravelry and RAKs"

Erin on July 30, 2007 at 8:48 AM said...

I'm something like the 5,000th person in line for Ravelry... consider yourself lucky!

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez