Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What NOT to do


  1. I will try not to constantly google"Lady Eleanor" and checking out other people's finished project.
  2. I will not compare my choice of color to other colorways and wishing I had bought a more neutral, understated color.
  3. I will not admire other people's gauge, but will celebrate my own wonky and uneven gauge
  4. I will not read about another Lady Eleanor that's made with Noro Silk Garden and wishing that I didn't go cheap, but will be content about the Noro Kureyon that I've chosen.
  5. I will refrain the urge to rip back and start the whole thing over on a a neutral color Noro Silk garden with smaller needles.

If step 1-5 is followed, a finished brightly colored, uneven, scratchy stole will be mine. (ok, I guess it won't hurt to buy just ONE skein of silk garden and just do a swatch???)

3 comments on "What NOT to do"

Anonymous said...

I think if you knit the Kureyon on a size larger needle than you would have for the Silk Garden (Kureyon is a little thicker), and remember that it WILL relax and drape a lot more once it's washed, it will be lovely. If ripping back isn't an option then just soaking, and blocking agressively should loosen it up so that it will drape nicely. I love it!

Deb on July 23, 2007 at 8:42 AM said...

Hi there!
I saw you signed up for SP11. NOT A GOOD IDEA!! It's the worst swap I was ever involved in. I still have not received anything from anyone! The hostesses don't help either. Their excuse -- we're only volunteers. There have been so many people burnt by getting involved in this swap that the best thing to do is to stay out of it. Believe me!

KimLevin on October 6, 2007 at 9:08 PM said...

Hi!

I'm knitting a Lady E in Kureyon (#150) and don't you for one second regret that choice! I love the rustic look of the wool - and I'm also told that with a gentle warm bath that stole is quite cozy.

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez