Tuesday, July 24, 2007

To Dye or Not to Dye


Over the weekend, I got struck with a huge urge to try my hand at dyeing. I had about 2 skeins of bulky Kraemer 100% supersoft wool from the Yarn Crawl that I was dying to try (no pun intended) . I bought a few packets of kool-aid during my last grocery outing, so I was ready to go.

Got the directions off Knitty.com and figured that it was pretty easy enough:

I thought I would try a solid color first and orange seems to be the prettiest color at the time. Here it is soaking, waiting to be put in the microwave.
Maybe I'll wear plastic gloves next time
Hanging out to dry

I thought I try hand-dying

The overall effects

The results? A blotchy and streaky yarn that smell a lot like fruit. I don't think Koigu will be calling me anytime soon!

0 comments on "To Dye or Not to Dye"

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez