Sunday, August 5, 2007

Secret Pals Questionaire


Wow! My very first secret pal! Here's the questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love almost anything Rowan and Debbie Bliss. Wools or wool/blends tends to be my fiber of choice. I mainly knit superwash for my kids. I absolultely do NOT like acrylic. Mainly wools with blended acrylic is ok. Even though I started on acrylics, I soon knew the benefit of being a fibre snob! Items just turns out so much better!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I use the knit pick binders for my knit pick needles, and I bought a beautiful handmade circular case off etsy for my addis. I keep my straight needles in a vase.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learned to knit when I was 8 and it was only the knit stitch. I didn't know how to bind off, purl or pick up dropped stitches, so I would have rows of rows of garter stitch scarf still stuck on the needle with mistakes everywhere. I finally picked it up again when I was pregnant with my 2nd baby and on Mat. Leave. Even though I've only been knitting for almost a year, I had advanced really fast and now considered myself an intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? hhmm...no, but I should really get one. A great list for hubby to know about!

5. What's your favorite scent? I love powdery smell, ( a newborn's head) Can you tell I have a baby in the house? LOL My favorite parfume is Cashmere by Donna Karan (go figure, I didn't realize that my scent would be my passion a few years later!)

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Not really... but there are days when nothing else will do except a chocolate bar. I love all chocolate with Almonds in it.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?I tried orgami but all I got was just a jar full of cranes, I tried sewing but I'm still figuring out how to wind a bobbin, and I tried cross stitch but figure it's a waste of my time since I can't wear it. I think I'm going to stick to knitting.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes, my computer can play mp3. I like most music (top forties) I know, I know, very un-orginal.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love green and pink. I don't have any strong dislike for colors in yarns but I normally will not buy black. Not because I don't like the color, it's just depresses me when I knit since I can't see any real stitch definitions.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I've been happily married for 4 years. We have a 3 years old daughter and 1 year old boy. No, we do not have pets, 2 things that poops and eat is enough, thank you. I wear hats, mittens, scarves and ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like to knit sweaters and sweaters for my kids.

13. What are you knitting right now? Lady Eleanor, my son's sweater and a sweater for myself

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I am a die hard circular fan. I love my addis and knit pick but I'm dying to try the wooden ones.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes, both

17. How old is your oldest UFO? about 8 months

18. What is your favorite holiday? X-mas

19. Is there anything that you collect? I love books and I have extendsive cooking books, chick lits and gardeing books. (one would think that my garden would look nicer and my food would taste better with all those books that I own)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I would love to try rosewood and/or ebony circular needles and I am looking for the that cute Tulip sweater knit that the harlot been knitting up. I don't have a subscription to anything, which is ironic since I buy everything magazine every season

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would love to know how to knit continental

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I've started on a sock, still on the needle though and I have a few socks yarns. My feet is a size 8

23. When is your birthday? October 5, 1975

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Not yet, as of tonight, I have only 700 people in front of me.

2 comments on "Secret Pals Questionaire"

theresa on August 9, 2007 at 8:01 PM said...

Any advice for buying a winder and swift? I notice they're on ebay...Are they all the same quality?

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy, your sender here! I look forward to making your experience a fun one!

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez