Sunday, July 15, 2007

My latest obsessions


Here's my latest project that has me giddy with joy everytime I pick it up: Lady Eleanor

I'm knitting it in Noro Kureyon 166. I've done some research for the most appropriate yarns before I started this and most people knit it out of Noro Silk Garden. Since I got this yarn 40% off at a closing sale, I would have to be happy with just the Kureyon. It seems that they both knit up to the same gauge but silk garden is softer. I'm hoping after I give this stole a good soak in Eucalan, it would soften up considerably.



I have always been intimidate by entralacs. It looks hard and seems like it would make a knitter slit her own throat with a dull butter knife. However, I found that the pattern is really easy to memorize and knit up. I can't seem to put it down since the color changes just have me totally enthralled.



I've just finished Aliana's pink sweater. I started this sweater about 5 months ago and put it aside. To be completely honest, I don't think I would have ever finished it but something in me refuse to have an unfinished sweater in which my 2 year old would surely grow out of unless I start knitting it. Right now, all it needs is a zipper and it'll be done. For sure, the sweater will continue to sit there, Again.






2 comments on "My latest obsessions"

Jenny on July 18, 2007 at 8:23 AM said...

Now you're making me want to do entralac. Also the sweater looks great. If only zippers installed themselves...

theresa on July 18, 2007 at 1:28 PM said...

I love the bright colours in Eleanor. It will be great. The pink hoody is adorable - I love all the cables!

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez