Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Picture At Last!


Last month I finally finished Hubby's Fair Isle sweater, after much searching for the additional yarn with the exact dye lot to finish a measly 2 inches of the last sleeve. Max loves it. He tends to like classic and traditional design sweater. I think he must have worn it at least three times since I gave it to him.
However, getting him to model so I can take a picture of him is a whole other story. He would come up with excuses like that his hair is messy, he haven't shaved yet or he's not wearing any pants. I'm convinced that he just loathe the idea of being featured in my blog and Ravelry album.

So when he emerged from our bedroom this morning wearing it, I grabbed my camera. I finally caught up with him outside when he was taking the trash out.

I may have to start withdrawing his hand knitted items if he continues to refuse being photograph with it.

Lately I haven't had the urge to knit any socks. I have 5 socks on the go right now and they are all in different stages of completion. I shouldn't even cast on another sock right now. I should just pick any of the WIPs and start knitting. I shouldn't even be allow near another socks yarn until I finish at least one sock, let alone a pair.

Oh well, this was casted on nonetheless.I think this should be an exception since this is knitted from my own first Fingering Weight that was hand spun from Dottie (my ladybug wheel). Sooner or later, my hand spun will need to be knitted because if it doesn't, then it would beat the purpose, right?

I also got some dyeing done this week. These are 50 gram/2 oz of merino. I think I need to buy different color dyes since all of my dye works are starting to look alike.


2 comments on "A Picture At Last!"

Anonymous said...

I love the pink and greeny yellow. Would be cute for a little girl at easter

Jackie on February 19, 2009 at 3:36 PM said...

Love the sweater. I am drooling over the dying and spinning. I guess I will have to look into this spinning.

Jackie

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez