Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Winter Wonderland


Over the past few days, we officially had our first snow. Like every other city in North America that ever experienced the first snow of the season - no one knew how to drive, everyone and their brothers stocked up on bread and milk, we all ran to Home Depot panicking that the last snow shovel might be sold out. When I tuned into the weather channel and they announce a winter storm watch, the whole city braced for a gruesome .....1/2 day of storm. Yep, we're a paranoid bunch!
The snow was beautiful, well, at least from the inside anyway. Since this was the first snow and Aliana is a bit obsessed about Frosty the Snowman lately, Max took her out to build one.














I can't even take credit for this snowman because I didn't go out at all. My little boy, who's future looks promising as a couch potato, opted to stay in with a bowl of popcorn and an episode of Blue's Clue. I had no choice but to sit with him, right?
















Awwww - he sures takes after his mommy when it comes to his laziness! (notice the hand movement from bowl to mouth!)

While Hubby and Aliana was out playing, I stayed in and made Beef Stew. They both came in red cheeked and I sat them down for a nice hearty meal. My goodness, all I was missing was a film crew since it really felt like another Campbell Soup commercial.

I've made some progress on the Fleece Artist Northumberland sweater. I must admit, knitting in the round with just ribbing of K4, P4... my brain was slipping into comatose. I'm sure eventually I will finish this sweater. My goal would be Winter 2010!
Since I developed this love for the Continental method, I decide to knit Max a yoke sweater. This one is knitted from Dream in Color in Dusky Aurora. I figure I'll keep knitting this up to the arm hole and I'll figure out a texture stitch for the yoke later. That's me - knitting on the fly. I can barely follow a pattern so I'm not sure what possess me to knit this sweater without one. As with all handpainted yarn, they always recommended that I use 2 balls and alternate between rows so the color all blend together. It says it on all the label, my LYS had mentioned it when I bought it, all the blogs I read had talked about it.

Since I think that I am always the exception to the rules and that the knitting gods is smiling on
me, I proceed to knit this using one ball at a time. I guess I shouldn't whine as much since it was expected. There's a HUGE color difference halfway up the sweater. Oh well, if my Hubby mentions it, I will tell him it's an artistic intention.

2 comments on "Winter Wonderland"

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Danielle on December 7, 2007 at 3:07 AM said...

I envy your snow!

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez