Friday, November 23, 2007

Knitting VS. Hoarding


In the past couple of months, it seems I have been hoarding yarns more than I have been knitting them. (Trust me, I haven't blogged about all my purchases) It just seems denial is more effective. Once the yarns are bought, I'll just stick them in the back of my stash and forget about them. There... no guilt feeling...see no evil, hear no evil. Must buy more yarn!!!

Well, I actually took the time and entered it into Ravelry. The grand total is: 485 balls of yarns, 56,663 meters of yarns!!!

There - I said it - My name is Joy and I have a Yarn Addiction! Of course, the only way to rectify this was to start knitting because there's no way in hell would I go on a yarn diet! If I start knitting more, my stash would start to deplete, which will allow me to buy yarn guilt-free.....well, less guilt anyway!
Here's my latest:

















A basic yoke sweater made with the softest Malabrigo. I made it in a Size 4 for Aliana. This sweater may be a very basic and plain sweater but I wanted to knit this while learning a new technique. I knitted this whole sweater using the Continental method. Wow! Talk about knitting in double the time! I don't think I will ever go back to the English method. However, I haven't quite mastered the purl stitch yet in Continental. It's still awkward and I still find myself switching hand for purling. This was my first time knitting a yoke sweater and I think my next one would be a lopi sweater.
Also, Michael's had a huge sale on yarn recently and I bought a bunch of Lion Brand Cotton-Ease to knit baby hats. I just started this for Arison today:
Oh, so much knitting, so little time!

2 comments on "Knitting VS. Hoarding"

theresa on November 23, 2007 at 6:57 PM said...

Hey - that's my mantra!!
I love that yoked sweater, mmm, that colour looks vaguely familiar???:)) Wow - you knit continental - please tell me, did you teach yourself, and how, and if it's really faster - I need to learn!! Isn't it an awkward motion? I've knit for so long in the same way, seems so hard to learn a new method!
Oh, yes, you are seriously addicted to great yarn, but remember you've got a lifetime of sweaters and gifts to knit, right? So shop on.

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber on November 25, 2007 at 7:25 PM said...

Isn't Malibrigio delicous! I just wanted to let you know that I did get your parcel and I really loved and appreciated it. I am so thankful you were my pal! I am sorry it took me this long to contact you but I've pretty much been down for the count with the first trimester junk - you know exhaustion, nausea.... :) Once again - thank you pal and I am going to really go over you blog now and get you know you better!Kimber

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez