Thursday, November 15, 2007

Halifax and Halloween


This past week has been a whirlwind! I find myself constantly trying to catch up. I just came back from another business trip, this time to Halifax! Of course, I don’t have many pictures to show since I forgot my camera at home, but then again, I was also packing in the middle of the night and wildly throwing irrelevant clothes into a luggage. Needless to say, I was a wee bit unprepared for this trip.

I was only there for 2 days and my agenda was jammed packed, This was a FAM trip for one of my hotels that I sell for, so they want to make sure that I get the full scope of Halifax while I was there. I was told that they had fitted a weeks worth of Halifax in 2 days. Fun!

During all the meetings, eating, walking and seeing…. I was able to sneak out to a LYS called The Loop CafĂ©. There I was able to get a locally hand-dyed, hand-spun sock yarn called Celestrial Merino. Also, I checked out their local Farmer’s Market. I was very impress and surprised to see how many little craft booths sells hand knitted items. Thrum mittens seems to be a popular item there. As much as I love hand-knitted item, I can’t seem to buy it from someone else knowing that I can make that myself. Weird!

I also spotted a small booth that sells wools that was spun from a local farm. I LOVE Farmer’s Market! Also, this thank you is long over due! My Halloween Swap Pal is no other than Curlytop!! She sent me an awesome package for Halloween. I just luuurrve the Mango tea! Also, in the package were Halloween Tattoos and Candy Corn which my 2 kids took off with it before I can get a picture of it.

Speaking of Halloween, here we are:

2 comments on "Halifax and Halloween"

Erin on November 15, 2007 at 10:23 AM said...

You are all so cute in your Halloween costumes!

theresa on November 15, 2007 at 2:17 PM said...

Ahh - that farm theme is soooo cute! What's a FAM trip??

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez