Tuesday, November 11, 2008

SP13 Questions


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love wools. Scumptious, soft wools. I'm also a sucker for Rowan and Debbie Bliss yarns. I hate novelty yarns and acrylics

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have my DPNs in a roll up case, my Harmonies are in the zipper pouch, my Options are in a Binder and my Addi's are in a circular needle case. My Straights are in a vase. Why yes, I do have a needle obsessions.......why do you ask?

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been obsessively knitting for 2 years now. I have learned when I was about 10 but I only knew the knit stitch. I didn't know how to cast off or purl. I never picked up a needle again until I was pregnant with my 2nd baby,

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, but I am hoping to get one soon so hubby might have some clue this x-mas

5. What's your favorite scent? I love fresh, clean scent. Like fresh linens or cotton. Also, I love baby powder scent.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I don't really have a big sweet tooth. However, I love milk chocolates with Almonds.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I know how to crochet but don't really like it. I just started doing some stitch markers.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like the typical top 40 and yes, my stereo can play mp3

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?I love neutral or soft pastel colours. I don't like black or too dark colours since I have a hard time finding the stitches on my needles.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have been married for 5 years. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. We don't have any pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear Scarves, hats and mittens. I can't wear ponchos. It makes me look like I am wearing hand-dyed potato sack.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love knitting sweaters for my kids. It's still a committment but still gives me gratifications since it is a lot smaller.

13. What are you knitting right now? Well, this is waay to embarassing to admit. BUT..... I have 5 socks, Sweater for Hubby, 2 sweater for my daughter, hat for my son, x-mas stockings, 2 sweater for myself, a stole and 1 scarf.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Absolutely

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I am all about the circular needles. I love metals - especially Addi's

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both

17. How old is your oldest UFO? 2 years

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? I love Christmas. It gives me the excuse to shop. I am not really a religious person but we do observe Christmas. I love decorating the house, making cookies, presents, etc.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Aside from my unhealthy desire to own every yarn every made? I can't seem to own too much knitting books and magazine.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I really want the Stitchionary by Vogue Series. I have Stitchionary 3 and would like 1 & 2. Also, the Harmony series look nice too. I love magazines but surprising the only subscription that I ever got was the Rowan Magazine.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? One of these days I would like to have the guts to try Steeking.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I love socks and just recently discovered them. I have been buying sock yarns for years but never really knitted them until now. I love knitting Basic Socks. My husband and I carpool so I do my knitting in the car. My foot size is 7 .

23. When is your birthday? October 5th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Ravely ID - joyja

1 comments on "SP13 Questions"

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the hints...get ready for some spoiling ;-)

Your Spoiler

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez