Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Broken Hopes and Dreams


It's been a while since I was able to post something on this blog. It is because I have been so busy running around with the kids. My hubby broke his leg/ankle while playing soccer 2 weeks ago. Ever since then he has been limping around and seeking pity attention any chance he can get.

I am now the sole chauffeur for the household at the moment since Hubby broke his right ankle and can't drive. So now I am a full time cook, bather, playtime monitor, sweeper, clothes changer, diaper changer, laudryest, chauffeur, hotel executive and wife. I didn't realize what a help hubby was until he went off and crippled himself.


I felt sorry for his toes since might freeze to death so I knitted him this:

I called it the Crippled Toe Coverer.

Also, since Spring is coming and I guess it's that time again to shed off the winter weight - well, in my case, the last 10 years weight, I got myself a fitness program. On Sunday I joined a walking group. Since I am not one to start anything moderately (like buying a wheel before knowing how to spin), I did a power 10k walk on my first outing.

I developed muscle sore in places I didn't even know existed. I went from pain, to sever pain, to a dull numbness and eventually losing all coordination and motor skills. I limped the last 2k back and almost collasped into my car. I'm suppose to be doing this every Sunday morning. Wow - I am looking forward to next week already (can you sense the enthusiasm in my voice)

Here's my fitness plan -

Sunday Morning - 5-10k walk / Monday Night - Cardio Latin Dance 1 hour / Tuesday- Yoga (I'm not sure how I would do in this class since I can't even bend down to touch my f*#~!ing knees) / Wednesday - Ball room Dancing 1.5 hours

That should do it. I should be able to drop those 50- lbs by November. If not, I just be another fat person with extensively cute Yoga outfits. My hubby is convinced that the reason I joined a yoga class is because I want to shop at lululemon. I'm afraid he's right.

0 comments on "Broken Hopes and Dreams"

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez