Saturday, April 28, 2007

Little Big Wool




I'm almost done with my Grace sweater which is knitted out of Rowan's Little Big Wool. It required 17 balls to complete the project. The pattern is fun and kept me amused and had knitted up quickly. Unfortunately, there's only about 68 meters in one balls, so it got quite expensive (about $160). I don't remember ever paying that much for a store bought sweater, but hey, I guess it's worth it when I'm investing that much time into it.

This was my first time using Rowan and I must say, I was very disappointed. A lot of the balls had knots in them and I lost a lot of meters just cutting and rejoining the yarns. Needless to say, I was up last night knitting and hoping to finish the sleeves when I ran out of yarn. I couldn't even finish the sleeves, much less have anymore to knit the neckline. So, I have to buy another ball just to finish it.

I did e-mail Rowan a couple of days ago expressing my disappointment. I normally do not complain but because of the poor quality wool, and wrong patterns with out any published corrections, I was a bit ticked. They e-mailed me and told me that they will be sending me enough yarn for another project to compensate. That really helped the frustration!
In the meantime, this has been calling out t0 me:
It's an eggplant color. You can't really see it since I was too lazy to take this pic outside in natural light. But Oh Baby! it's soft and cozy! It's the Northumberland Pullover by Fleece Artist.

0 comments on "Little Big Wool"

 

The Joys of Knitting Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez